Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Real life as a Desperate Mom

Today has just been one of those days.

The kids had cookies for breakfast.

 I put my daughter on timeout for hitting and forgot she was there- for like 20 minutes. 

My son decided to wear shorts to his piano lesson that we were late to. It's 30 degrees out. 

 You would think that the kids were the reason we were late- but they weren't. It was me, trying to buy another cup of coffee. I spilled it all over my pants driving away from the coffee shop. 

So that didn't really work out as planned. 

My son reminded me five times in an hour that he is in fact going to kindergarten next year. After July. For the whole day. And he needs a new lunchbox. And why can't he ride the bus again?

And I just about lost it. I don't know if it's the fact that he's growing up or his attitude about it. Or that I'm exhausted trying to give him as many possibilities and opportunities as I can and would really like to keep him at home longer but know it's not right for him. Or just that I'm tired of him talking about it. That I'm tired of thinking about it altogether.


 It's one of those days I am avoiding other blogs. I just don't have the strength to feel like a horrible mom for not being loving or kind or encouraging enough. 

The house is a total disaster. I can feel the crumbs on my feet as I walk through the house. 

Crunch. Crunch. Stick. 



But as I write this and read it over, I realize that it is pretty much real life around here. 

It's a messy life with little kids. With a husband out of town again. As a human being mom who would very much like to be supermom instead.


I can only pray that God continues to keep my head above water for just a little bit longer.  To give me a chance to breathe.  Just for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment